A 5-year-old boy with an inoperable brain tumor has one wish for his birthday: a box full of birthday cards with his name on them.
Danny Nickerson, from Foxboro, Massachusetts, was diagnosed with an inoperable and chemotherapy-resistant tumor this past October. He has stopped going to kindergarten during therapy, and gets lonely, according to his family.
"He can recognize his name now," the boy’s mother Carley Nickerson told ABC News. "When he saw his name on the package from magical fairies on Easter, he was so happy."
Nickerson says personalized cards make Danny happy, and has opened a P.O. box to collect letters from well-wishers.
Doctors say less than 10% of children diagnosed with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma, like Danny, live beyond 18 months.
"I don’t really believe in that," Nickerson says. "He is doing great. Every day is a blessing for us."
Danny has received about 40 letters so far, and his birthday is on July 25th.
Letters can be sent to:
P.O. Box 212
Foxboro, MA 02035
LET’S FUCKING DO THIS!
Hey, this actually made it on my dash! Listen, folks, this little boy is from my area, and a bunch of my friends and family have already sent out their birthday cards to him! Please join us all and make him some cards FILLED with love! And I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to receive some birthday cards from far away places, too! Please please please please do this!!!!
Come on guys,this will probably be his last birthday. You can even make a card with printer paper and send it lettermail. Will cost you 5 dollars tops! <3 Went out today and got him a few things,I think he deserves it.
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
i love crows so much
crows are amazing
My favorite legend is that crows are the souls of the dead
crows are the coolest shit
Yeah but have you seen this
HAHA I laughed harder than I should have at this.
#for all you supernatural fandomers out there #I present to you #The PrinceCas Diaries.